- Pet Portrait Commissions – Christmas 2023 fully booked. If space becomes available I’ll update here by mid-November.
- 2024 commission slots are open.
- If you have a deadline I can advise if it is achievable.
A PDF copy of the Commission Information and Price Guides can be downloaded at the link below.
To help me provide you with a quotation, please let me know the following requirements where possible:
- The medium required: watercolour, graphite pencil, or acrylics
- Head-only portrait or full-body
- Backgrounds: extra background work will increase the price accordingly
- Paper size
- Date required (if applicable, and subject to waiting list space)
- If you have the photos to hand, I will be happy to look at these.
- Commissions are undertaken from your photographs. I have written a blog with helpful tips for choosing the best photos for your portrait: Pet Portraits Photo Hints and Tips
Please give me as much notice as possible if the portrait is required for a specific date. I will confirm if this is achievable. If my schedule allows, I can sometimes fit in last minute work.
I will email you a quotation based on your portrait requirements. If you wish to proceed, a 50% deposit secures your booking. I will give you an estimate of when I will be able to start work and will update you closer to the time to let you know when it will be underway.
A scan/photo of the finished art work is emailed to you. If adjustments are required, I will carry these out and a revised scan/photo will be sent for re-approval. When you have given final approval, payment of the balance outstanding is required. Art work is only dispatched once payment has been received in full.
Important information and terms
Booking. Once you are happy with your quotation, a 50% deposit is required to secure your booking and to allow me to start the work in due course – bookings are not held until this has been paid. The balance is due upon final approval of the portrait.
Postage. The cost for postage is £8.99* (this is not included in the price guides on the following page). Artwork is sent by Royal Mail’s Special Delivery next-day, fully insured service (guaranteed to arrive by 1pm next-day Monday to Friday) and will need to be signed for. I will provide you with tracking information for this as well. A guaranteed next-day Saturday delivery option is available at extra cost, if required.
* see overleaf for mailing exceptions, dependant on size, insurance value, and destination. If there is any significant postage increase by Royal Mail, this price will increase accordingly.
Overseas shipping is charged at the applicable rates for sending to your destination by a similar service.
Commissions are supplied unmounted and unframed.
Cancelling a commission
Cancellations. If you have to cancel your booking before I have started the work, please could you let me know as soon as possible and your deposit will be refunded. If you cancel after I have started work, your deposit will not be refunded.
If the deposit was paid via Paypal/credit/debit card, the refund will be less the processing fee I was charged for receiving payment (currently 3.4% + 20p on UK transactions), as I’m not refunded for this by Paypal.
I will contact you before commencing your portrait to make sure that you are happy for me to start at that particular time.
If you have a portrait booked and can no longer go ahead with it for any reason, please let me know as soon as possible. I have to plan my schedule, and could end up turning people away that I might otherwise be able to fit in.
Commissioned art work is custom-made, therefore refunds will not be given for completed work once you have approved the final piece.