Update Nov 2023: Price increase in 2024
Pet portrait commission prices will be rising from 3rd January 2024. Bookings made before this date will be at 2023 prices. Booking includes payment of the 50% deposit to secure your slot.
‘How much do you charge for a pet portrait?‘
This is a question I am often asked.
The cost is influenced by many factors: paper size, number of pets, medium, and time required for the work. The larger a painting and / or the more pets included, the longer a painting takes to produce. Plus, larger paper equates to more materials.
Below is detailed where you can find all of the information relating to pet portraits. This includes the commission process, price guides and other useful information I’ve put together.
Your Portrait Requirements
When quoting for a pet portrait, it is very helpful to have an idea of your requirements, such as:
- The medium required: watercolour, graphite pencil, or acrylics. You can see examples in my Galleries
- Head-only portrait or full-body
- Backgrounds: extra background work increases the price according to work involved
- Paper size. I offer many sizes to suit different budgets, and these are listed on my Price Guides page.
- Date required (if applicable, and subject to waiting list space)
I’m happy to offer advice if you are not sure on any of the above.
Further Commission Information
More information on the pet portrait commission process is given on the Commission Information page, as well as Other Information, such as photo tips, portraits with multiple pets, and payment information.
You are welcome to contact me if you would like a quote and advice on commissioning a portrait.